APPLICATIONS FOR CONTENT CREATOR PASSES FOR THIS YEAR’S EVENT MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JULY 1
The Buffalo Chip now offers a Content Creator Pass to fit the needs of digital-only event coverage, in addition to the traditional press pass.
WHAT IS A CONTENT CREATOR?
- A content creator produces written, audio, or visual information for digital content marketing or entertainment platforms, like social media, podcasts or blogs.
- Content creators publish solely on digital channels, such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, online vlogs, online blogs, podcasts and internet radio.
- If you are employed by or contracting with a traditional media company (print, television or radio) please apply for a press pass instead.
Buffalo Chip Content Creator Passes are restricted and strictly controlled.
You are required to provide:
- Digital handles and follower numbers to the platforms to which you will be posting
- Proof that you will legitimately be posting, publishing or broadcasting your work before, while at, and following the Buffalo Chip event.
- Links to, or screenshots of past work.
If you were granted a pass previously, to be eligible for the current year you must:
- Show proof that you met posting requirements on previous years’ posts.
- Submit links to your coverage of the Sturgis Buffalo Chip in the application.
Each person requesting a pass must submit an application.
Submit a list of content examples, digital handles and a current number of channel followers to:
Buffalo Chip Campground
20622 Ft Meade Way
Sturgis, SD 57785
Passes are limited to two per organization, with the exception of pre-approved TV or Cinema film crews.
Family members or friends of content creators are NOT eligible for passes.
We’ll do our best to help ensure you get your content. Keep in mind our first consideration is to provide the best possible experience for our campers.
The content creator pass does not give the creator any exclusive or backstage access
- Your video or still photographers are NOT allowed on any stage, UNLESS:
- You have a separate contract with the Buffalo Chip, or
- You have been escorted to the stage by the Chip’s publicist. Credentialed photographers may get special access if they’ve made prior arrangements with the Chip’s publicist.
- Do Not Photograph or Record full rounds of the Miss Buffalo Chip competition.
- Do Not Photograph or Record internal meetings or behind the scenes productions.
- Do Not Photograph or Record campers in their campsite without having first obtained written permission. When people ask not to be photographed, do not photograph them.
- Do Not Photograph or Record anything that could be construed as illegal activity, including nudity.
MAIN STAGE PROHIBITION
Video and still photography of the main stage performers is strictly prohibited UNLESS:
- You have submitted a separate, special application to the Buffalo Chip publicist before July 1 and that application has been approved.
Content Creator Pass Deadline:
Buffalo Chip CONTENT CREATOR PASS APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN JULY 1. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AFTER JULY 1. All applications will be vetted. Credentials from any other source will not be accepted at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip for any of its activities.
Content Creators who appear at the gate without prior arrangements with the Sturgis Buffalo Chip will be required to pay for admission to the campground. No professional cameras—video or otherwise—will be allowed onto the premises without prior arrangement with the Buffalo Chip.
If you have made the appropriate arrangements, your Buffalo Chip credentials will be at the will call window at the West Box Office.
Content Creator Pass Requirements
Approved content creators agree to a content partnership with the Buffalo Chip. In exchange for access, Content Creators agree to develop and publish some content exclusively about the events and activities at the Buffalo Chip.
We want content creators to have the freedom to capture the content that is best for their channels and shows all the fun times at the Buffalo Chip. We also want to be involved in the larger Sturgis Rally coverage of creators, but in exchange for a comped pass to the Buffalo Chip, Content Creators agree to meet the below requirements:
Requirements for YouTubers:
- One “episode” video that is published on their channel focusing entirely on the Sturgis Buffalo Chip with no other competitors included.
- Video must include “Sturgis Buffalo Chip” in the video title and description.
- Episode video link shared with Buffalo Chip within 1 week of publish date
Requirements for Cross-Platform Content Creators:
- Cross-Platform Content includes any mix of Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube posting
- At least five unique and dedicated posts/uploads about the Sturgis Buffalo Chip or a Sturgis Buffalo Chip event, tagging and @ mentioning:
- @sturgisbuffalochip and @sturgisrallysd – Instagram
- @Sturgis Buffalo Chip and @Sturgis Rally SD – Facebook
- @sturgisbuffalochip and @sturgisrallysd – TikTok
- @thechip and @sturgisrallysd – Twitter
- Each unique post to be shared across at least two of the content creator’s channels.
- Links to these posts provided within a week following the event
Requirements for Bloggers:
- One blog post dedicated to the Sturgis Buffalo Chip and/or a Sturgis Buffalo Chip event containing a backlink to BuffaloChip.com and Sturgis.com.
- At least one social media post in support of the blog post
- Link to blog post provided within a week of publication
Requirements for Podcasts/Online Radio:
- One dedicated broadcast about the Sturgis Buffalo Chip and its events.
- Any broadcast from the Chip will be noted as having taken place at the “Sturgis Buffalo Chip” or “Buffalo Chip”
- Links to be shared with Sturgis Buffalo Chip within a week of publication.
Failure to follow these requirements will result in not being issued a Content Creator pass in the future.
*Specific requirements may be changed by Sturgis Buffalo Chip on a case-by-case basis.
Application Information and How to Apply:
To apply for content creator credentials, please click on the link below to upload your signed release form and complete the application form on our site. Filling out this form does not approve your request; it is simply part of the application process. Be prepared to provide information on your company, including your audience numbers, along with information on the coverage you’re seeking at the Buffalo Chip.
Content Creator Credentials Application
Please fill out one form for each person requesting credentials. Each person requesting a pass will need to complete, sign and return the media release form with their application. Passes cannot be approved until a signed form has been submitted for each person.
Media Release Form
We will notify you via email whether your request for access is granted or denied. If you have been approved and your passes are not at the ticket office when you arrive, contact the Chip’s publicist.
If you have further questions regarding content creator passes, would like to check your status or to get copies of Buffalo Chip press releases, contact us: