Posted on July 17, 2018 01:07
New outstanding events, contests, guns and celebrity access combine with stunts, bike shows, live music, demo rides, free fuel, vendors, the Buffalo Chip Garage and more to make the CrossRoads a rally hot spot.
Sturgis, SD – The essential rally experience of visiting the free-access CrossRoads at the west end of the Buffalo Chip is set to offer guests a largely expanded variety of exciting new events, vendor shopping, attractions and entertainment Friday, Aug. 3 – Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018. Guests will get a free taste of the Buffalo Chip with acres of paved retail shopping, plenty of free bike and car parking, OEM and custom bike displays and demo rides, stunts shows, bike shows, military tributes, free fuel, bikini bike wash, live music, tasty food, $2 beers, $3 wells, clean bathrooms and more. For those looking for motorcycle tires, parts and accessories, a tune up or a trick out, a trip to the Buffalo Chip Garage will inspire.
Experience shopping with a shot of adrenaline at Sturgis Guns’ all new permanent store and Lucas Oil Outdoor indoor firing range. Also new in 2018, a mullet contest, Blade Aces knife throwing contest, and a world-class tattoo contest presented by Sailor Jerry and organized by Shaun Kama who has opened a second Tattoo Café location at the CrossRoads. Paul Teutul Jr. of DISCOVERY’s “American Chopper,” stars of History’s “Counting Cars” and Academy Award-nominated actor Tom Berenger will be on hand to sign autographs. AMA Supermoto Races will take to the new free-access CrossRoads track on Friday, Aug. 10 and Saturday, Aug. 11 and moto celebrity Micky Dymond will be signing autographs and showing the movie “Any Given Sunday” in the CrossRoads Bar on Thursday, Aug. 9.
Click here for a detailed daily schedule of events at the Buffalo Chip’s CrossRoads: www.buffalochip.com/EVENTS/CrossRoads-Events#Schedule
Mechanics, Wrenching and Free Indian Motorcycle Loaners
The Buffalo Chip Garage will open on Friday, Aug. 3, offering affordable parts, expert service and must-have motorcycle merchandise. Those who buy a rear Continental Tire will get the front free. Indian Motorcycles will be on hand to offer a free loaner to those who make a purchase of $500 or more.Appointments for Indian loaner bikes are recommended. Shoppers will find a parts paradise, can run a dyno test at the Harmonius Dyno Center, and upgrade their rides with a variety of hot plug-ins.
Bad Ass Bike Shows
Free displays of beastly beauties will be a near daily occurrence at the CrossRoads.
- Saturday, Aug. 4 – Buffalo Chip’s School’s Out Chopper Show with stars of HISTORY’s “Counting Cars”
- Sunday, Aug. 5 – The FXR Show and Dyna Mixer
- Monday, Aug. 6 – Full Throttle Florida Magazine All Classes Bike Show
- Monday, Aug. 6 – Kory Souza Originals - NO Class Bike Show
- Tuesday, Aug. 7 - Women and WheelsTM Bike Show
- Tuesday, Aug. 7 - Three-DomTM Trike Bike Show
- Wednesday, Aug. 8 – World’s Sexiest Bagger Bike Show
- Thursday, Aug. 9 - The Granddaddy of all bike shows, the Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show
Free Fuel, Food and Freedom
- “Free Fuel Happy Hour,” bikers can fill up for free 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7 – Thursday, Aug. 9
- Sons of Light Free Pancake Breakfast in the “Church at the Chip” tent, 7 – 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 3 – Sunday, Aug. 11
- Freedom Field, 800 American flags and military memorials in front of the 80 percent replica of the Vietnam Veterans Traveling Tribute Memorial Wall, open daily
Easy-Access Free Premium Events and Contests
- Free live music on the JVC CrossRoads Stage daily, check the online schedule for exact times and performers
- BMW Demo Rides, full stable of new BMW models, Friday, Aug. 3 – Saturday, Aug. 10
- Professional freestyle rider Clint Ewing, three shows daily Monday, Aug 6 – Thursday, Aug. 9
- Bell Brawl at the Buffalo Stunt Competition and meet and greet with Carey Hart and Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, register at firstname.lastname@example.org, Dualigans Party at the Big Engine Bar following the Bell Brawl
- Sailor Jerry Rock ‘n’ Roll Tattoo Contest with celebrity tattoo artist Shaun Kama, JVC CrosssRoads Stage 12 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7
- Mullet Madness contest with Matty the Barber, JVC CrossRoads Stage, 12 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 9
- Blade Aces Knife Throwing Contest with world champions Dr. TJ and Melody Cuenca, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3 – Saturday, Aug. 10
- Lucas Oil Outdoor’s indoor, three-lane firing range at Sturgis Guns, daily Friday, Aug. 3 – Saturday, Aug. 10
- Fan Fest, exciting entertainment, obnoxious games, gorgeous girls and generous giveaways, 12 – 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5 on the JVC CrossRoads Stage.
- Sassy and Classy Over 35 Model Search, JVC CrossRoads Stage, 12 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 8
- Crossfit Training with Twisted Canyon Crossfit, watch for free or join a class, Saturday, Aug. 4 – Saturday, Aug. 11
- Good Time Charlie auditions potential stars for his next movie “Rough Boys,” Friday, Aug. 3 – Saturday, Aug. 11
- Sturgis Guns’ new, permanent store with Lucas Oil Outdoor, Springfield Armory and STI collection of firearms and accessories, free demos and gun cleaning, world-champion shooters on hand to offer lessons
- New secondary Tattoo Café location with renowned artists selected by celebrity tattoo artist Shaun Kama at the north end of the CrossRoads near the Big Engine Bar
- Food Vendors: Pie for the People Pizza, Sidekick Concessions and Santa Lucia’s Big Bite Buffet
- Matty the Barber straight razor shaves, trims, cuts and more at the north end of the CrossRoads near the Big Engine Bar
- Buffalo Chip Stop n’ Fuel Gas Station with 93-octane E10 fuel at the lowest price in the region, east end of the Freedom Field
- CrossRoads Bar offers $2 beers and $3 wells, open daily
- From furs and coffee to t-shirts, apparel, knives, bike accessories and veterans’ services, the CrossRoads is a bikers’ shopping paradise
The free concierge service will also be open to assist all bikers with information, load them up with free swag and help them get entered into the Moto Stampede Bike Giveaway. One lucky winner will take home an Indian Scout Sixty customized by J&P Cycles.
More info about events at the Buffalo Chip's CrossRoads can be found at www.buffalochip.com/EVENTS/CrossRoads-Events#Schedule
High resolution photos available here:
About the Sturgis Buffalo Chip
The Sturgis Buffalo Chip® is the Largest Music Festival in Motorcycling®. It is the world’s first and leading entertainment destination for the motorcycle enthusiast and South Dakota Excellence in Tourism Innovation award winner. Since 1981, the venue’s high-profile, nine-day festival, known as The Best Party Anywhere®, remains one of the world’s most televised and longest running independent music festivals. Located three miles east of Sturgis, SD on 600 creek-fed acres, it offers six stages of entertainment, a swimming hole, bars, mouth-watering food, showers, cabins, RVs, camping and more to visitors traveling from all corners of the world. The Chip's concerts and races are free with camping. The 2018 Motorcycles as Art exhibit, “Passion Built – Garage to Gallery”curated by Michael Lichter, numerous bike and stunt shows and all shopping, live music and events at the CrossRoads are free and open to the public. More details are available at www.BuffaloChip.com.
Sturgis Buffalo Chip